YOUR OVERLENGTH GLASS PARTNER
Transportation and handling of Overlength glass is managed in a smooth and safe manner, despite the challenges of heavy loads and narrow inner-city construction sites and routes.
Architects and specialist planners can rely on the comprehensive experience of Saint-Gobain's Overlength network. The company has been involved in projects with Overlength glass for over 50 years.
GET THE PARTNER INVOLVED EARLY
In case of construction projects with overlength glass, it is recommended that all partners get involved early. This will ensure that the characteristic features of the construction, the detailed planning for the building and any special transport variants, routes or installation techniques can be integrated into the logistic concept in due time.
Transport with an 18-metre truck, developed by Saint-Gobain
SPECIALISED COMPANIES ARE INVOLVED AT EVERY STAGE
- Managing the transport of Overlength glass from the plant to the construction site – across the globe
- Registering special shipments and establishing possible routes
- Transporting loose glass in an inloader or in specially reinforced transport crates, as required
- Delivery determined by the installation sequence
- Shipping for glass up to approx. 12 meters in 40-foot standard containers, longer lengths in open top containers
- Loading and unloading Overlength glass with special vacuum glass lifters for loads of up to 10 tons and lengths of 18 meters
- Installation at the construction site: turning, pivoting or tilting the glazing to position it in all conventional installations
WHAT IS PARTICULARLY IMPOTANT IN THE LOGISTICS OF OVERLENGTH PROJECTS
- A timely agreement with the logistics partners – early on in the planning phase
- Routing to the construction site
- Manoeuvring space for trucks
- Flat and sufficiently large unloading zones
- Registration deadlines for special shipments (by road) and/or open top containers (by sea), if necessary