New High Selective Solar Control Coating
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 145 is a double silver layer coating with excellent performance values and outstanding aesthetics.
- SGG COOL-LITE SKN 145 blocks as much as 78% of incident solar radiation whilst providing the interior with 40% of natural light.
- It also provides excellent thermal insulation in a standard IGU. Ug-value = 1.1 W/m²K (15mm 90% Argon)
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 145 is extending the existing range of SKN- coatings:
- Jumbo size (PLF) 6000 x 3210 mm
- Split dimensions: on request available
- Substrate: SGG PLANICLEAR
- Thicknesses: Standard: 6, 8 and 10mm, but also 4mm for lamination
- Laminated glass: 44.x, 66.x (made to order only)
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 145 is designed for the high end building market, where specifiers search for the best available solar factor for a given light transmission
- The level of transmitted light is as high as 40% and often ideal in case of largely glazed curtain walls or skylights.
- The level of visible reflection reinforces the perception of transparency and allows for undisturbed views from outside the building into the interior.
- Although the level of natural light is still high the solar heat gain is extremely low with a g-value as low as 0.22!
- In other words: 78% of solar energy radiation does not enter the building, but is rejected!
- The ratio between transmitted light and solar gain is what we call selectivity (TL/g). The selectivity of SGG COOL-LITE SKN 145 is 1,86, a top performing value in this product category.
- The very low solar factor; reduces cooling loads therefore reduces the cost of air conditioning is more environmentally friendly, as it reduces the use of primary energy and associated CO2 emissions
- Since SGG COOL-LITE SKN 145 is very energy efficient in most cases additional solar control devices such as louvers or blinds are not necessary. SGG COOL-LITE SKN 145 is the most economical solution to control solar radiation. Less money to be invested and no additional cost for maintenance.
- SGG COOL-LITE SKN 145 is also very performing in terms of thermal insulation achieving the Ug-value of 1.1 W/m²K in a standard IGU with 16mm 90% Argon filled cavity.
SGG CLIMAPLUS COOL-LITE SKN 145
- Light transmission (TL) = 41 %
- g-value (solar factor) = 0.22
- Selectivity (TL/g) = 1.86
- Light reflection ext. (RLe) = 19%
- Light reflection int. (RLi) = 15%
- Ug- value (90% Argon) = 1.1 W/m²K (6-15 90% Argon -4)
SGG COOL-LITE SKN 145
- Is a high selective solar control coating with excellent ratio of transmitted light versus a very low level of solar gain.
- The visible reflection is just below 20% and provides the glass with an elegant appearance!
- The colour of reflection is neutral / slightly bluish.
- The colour in transmission is slightly greenish.