Highly transparent extra clear glass, which has very little residual colour
DIAMANT is a unique extra clear glass which is valued for its attractive appearance and optical qualities.
The low iron content produces a higher light transmittance and a reduced green tint inherent of ordinary glass.
DIAMANT therefore offers a solution for multiple applications and markets where an extra degree of clarity and transparency is required.
Diamant is available in 4, 6, 10, 12, 15, 19mm
DIAMANT is suited for numerous applications that require high transparency, clear aesthetics and optical brilliance:
Interior design or decorating
DIAMANT is an excellent base glass when applying white or coloured decoration by screen print, SERALIT EVOLUTION, for use in partition walls, doors, shower cabinets and insulating glass.
As a non-transparent cladding element, DIAMANT can also be coated ( PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION and EMALIT EVOLUTION) or back-painted ( DIAMANT is the base glass used in the VITRIO range of back-painted products for multiple applications).
DIAMANT is particularly stunning in table tops, office desks or shop counters requiring thick glass with colourless edges.
Shop windows and display cabinets
DIAMANT can be used to produce a laminated safety glass ( STADIP PROTECT) with very little colour difference - even in extreme thicknesses.
DIAMANT can also be used to produce anti-reflective safety glazing ( VISION-LITE), which allows the objects to be displayed with the added security of laminated glass and viewed with reduced reflection.
Due to its higher level of UV transmittance compared to that of clear float glass DIAMANT is perfectly suited to applications requiring this property such as solar panels, photovoltaic, glass casing for medical measuring equipment and horticulture.
Window Energy Ratings
The higher solar transmittance of DIAMANT is ideal for use in sealed units particularly in the context of Window Energy Ratings when combined with PLANITHERM TOTAL+.
Benefits – end user / client
- Optimum transparency: due to its perfect clarity DIAMANT allows the true colour of display items to be seen and excellent vision quality when viewing through the glass.
- Unfiltered natural light enters the interior of a building. The full impact of a room, its decor and objects can be achieved with optimum light and undistorted colours.
- High energy transmittance for applications requiring the use of solar energy or high solar heat gain. When used within a domestic window, DIAMANT can improve the Window Energy Rating energy index value by up to 6kwh/m2/yr.
- The edges of the glass remain colourless, unlike other glass making it ideal for use in furniture.
Benefits – glass processors
- Can be cut and processed in exactly the same way as ordinary float glass.
- Ideal as a base product for a wide range of processed products such as back-painted glass, screen printed glass, enameled glass and coated glass.
- Beneficial for thicker laminated products, affording a high level of transparency.
|Solar Factor||gEN 410||0.91||0.90||0.90||0.90||0.89||0.88||0.88||0.87||0.86|
DIAMANT can be used as the base product for a wide range of processed products:
- Laminated Safety glass STADIP or STADIP PROTECT, available also in the anti-reflective product VISION-LITE. Due to the low amount of body colour and high level of light transmittance, DIAMANT is extremely well suited for the production of very thick laminated safety glass because it provides a high level of transparency.
- Monolithic toughened safety glass SECURIT, heat strengthened glass PLANIDUR, as well as high performance safety glass for structural glazing systems SECURIPOINT.
- Screen printed glass, SERALIT EVOLUTION.
- Enameled glass EMALIT CLASSIC EXTRA WHITE, or enameled glass with very bright colours.
- Back-painted glass, VITRIO ( DIAMANT is used as standard).
- Lacquered glass PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION extra-white, ivory and light blue.
- DIAMANT can be used as the base glass for certain COOL-LITE high performance solar control coatings.